Valentine’s Day is like an international day for those in love. Celebrated worldwide, it creates an opportunity for couples to show affection to each other in the most festive and expressive way possible. From beautiful flowers to chocolates, heart-shaped balloons, tear-jerking cards and heart-warming gifts, each represents a romantic feeling just as the event is meant to inspire everyone, young and old alike.
How To Find And Shop For A Perfect Valentine Gift For Your Partner
Make your Valentine’s Day a memorable celebration between you and your sweetheart. Here are some tips in finding and shopping for a perfect memento for your partner.
1. Base the item on:
- the amount of time you are together. For lovers, the type of gift differs on how long you are tagged as a couple. Suppose you are on your 3rd monthsary this February, you wouldn’t want to give her a diamond ring knowing you just met her three months ago, would you? Unless both of you have discussed about tying the knot early on, chances are, you’ll only scare her away with your extravagant gift as it represents bigger commitment on her side.
- the level of your relationship. Another consideration is how deep you are into each other. For instance, if you are newlyweds, getting something naughty and nice will surely add a spice to your marriage.
- his or her preferences. Determine his or her likes and work towards looking for a present that is both sweet yet complimentary with his or her personality.
2. Start shopping. Begin by browsing over the web for ideas and inspiration. Look for deals from his or her favorite stores. Order as early as two weeks in advance to avail a cheaper price. If you want to buy online, make sure that shipping is free. If you prefer to go on foot, call the shop’s branch first for available stock so you’ll be saved from unnecessary trips to the malls.
3. Include a romantic twist on it. Do not let yourself be limited with the present alone. Be creative in adding a few tricks to make this moment unforgettable. Greet the morning by saying “I Love You”. Use words and actions to express your emotions. Add a personal note identifying 101 reasons why you’re blessed to have him or her in your life. Write a soulful letter when least expected. Surprise him or her with breakfast in bed. Put an effort in demonstrating how special he or she is to you.